What is Mystery Shopping?
Mystery shopping is a method for recording and measuring the customer service experiences, sales team performance, or customer-facing business environment through the use of trained and qualified mystery shoppers. Mystery shoppers visit a business establishment or contact a business via phone or Internet with clear details on what observations to make or interactions to have with sales staff.
Companies frequently use mystery shopping programs to evaluate and train employees in customer service and to better target training needs for their sales forces. Contrary to what you may read on the Internet, professional mystery shoppers are highly trained and are not “shoppers,” per se, but gatherers of critical data for companies that want to evaluate customer experiences and sales performance.
In This Article
- How Does Mystery Shopping Compare to Customer Experience Surveys?
- Use Mystery Shopping to Develop Sales Enthusiasts on Your Team
- How To Evaluate Sales Team Performance with Video Mystery Shopping
- Can Mystery Shopping Help My Business?
- Types of Mystery Shopping Programs